In this eSplash:
- Work Day is Next Saturday, April 21st
- Volunteers Needed to Help With New Member Party
- Future Events and Important Dates
Spring Work Day — Next Saturday, April 21st
Our spring Work Day is next Saturday! This is the day when we do the all-important preparations to get out facilities ready for the upcoming season, and it is a great social event. We need help with
- Lots of cleaning – the Bath Houses, the Snack Bar, the Office. Cleaning supplies are provided.
- Re-sealing the wooden deck (after making any needed repairs).
- Re-staining the picnic tables, benches and planters.
- Inspecting and repairing the climbing structure.
- Throwing out trash. (We rent a dumpster for the day and usually fill it.)
- Planting annuals, spreading pine straw.
- Cleaning the grills thoroughly.
- And much more…
The day begins at 8:00 a.m. with juice, coffee, bagels and donuts. Lunch will be served at noon. And you earn guest passes—one book of guest passes for every two hours worked per household. We will be working until about 5:00 p.m. In case of rain, the Work Day will be held on Sunday, April 22.
Hope to see you there! Many hands make light work!
Volunteers Needed to Help With New Member Party (May 5th)
The New Member Welcoming Party has need of a few volunteers to assist in providing items for this event. The party will be May 5th at 4 PM. There is no requirement to attend the event, and all purchases will be reimbursed by Venetian. If you would be willing to purchase and drop off a few items, please let me know. Your efforts will be much appreciated.
Future Events & Important Dates
Saturday, April 21: Spring Work Day (Rain Day is Sunday, 22 Apr)
Saturday, May 5: Pool Opening Day! Pool Opens at Noon.
Saturday, May 5: New Member Welcome Party, Venetian Dance Hall, 4-5 PM
Monday, May 14: VPCA Board Meeting, Venetian Pool, 7 PM
Submitted by Nick Cortese, firstname.lastname@example.org